Webinar: Housing Rights for Persons with Psychosocial disabilities
7th December 2017
Mental Health Europe will host a webinar about Housing Rights for Persons with Psychosocial disabilities on 7 December 2017 from 15:00-17:00 (CET). For registration visit:
During the webinar MHE will:
- Discuss the right to adequate housing of persons with psychosocial disabilities/mental ill health in light of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UN CRPD).
- Introduce the latest report of the UN Special Rapporteur on the Right to Adequate Housing
- Explore human rights compliant housing options, challenges and possible solutions.
- Understand the role that housing plays in the transition from institutions to community based services.
- Examine outreach and building trusting relationships as a prerequisite for sustainable housing.
Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions and actively participate in the discussions.
- Leilani Farha, UN Special Rapporteur on the Right to Adequate Housing (Keynote)
- Samara Jones, Programme Coordinator Housing First Europe Hub, FEANTSA
- Per Glad Fuglsbjerg, Outreach Social Worker at Projekt Udenfør (“Project Exclusion”) in Denmark