The Swedish Association of Occupational Therapists has established a grant award in the name of Inga-Britt Lindström, who has been the president of the organization in 1970-2008. We invite applications from foreign occupational therapists and occupational therapy students. The grant is offered to individuals or teams from countries where occupational therapy is under development and countries listed as low- or lower-middle-income economics, according to the World Bank List.
The maximum amount of the grant is 10 000 Swedish Kronor (about USD 980) per year.
Application form and instructions are available on website: www.arbetsterapeuterna.se/iblaward
Application closes on October 1, 2019.
The next General Assembly of COTEC will be held in Brussels, 26. October 2019
At this meeting, there will be elections for four positions in the Executive Committee of COTEC. According to the Constitution the Executive Committee of COTEC consists of 4 positions (president, VP, VP admin,VP finance) and 2 optional members. The term of office for the members of the Executive Committee is four years with an option for re-election term of two years.
In 2019 the following positions fall vacant: President (Stephanie Saenger, Netherlands, not eligible for re-election as President), Vice President Administration (Anu Söderström, Finland, not eligible for re-election as Vice President Administration), Member of the Executive Committee (Patric Duletzki, Germany, eligible for re-election for Member). Member of the Executive Committee, Elitsa Velikova (Bulgaria) already stepped down in 2018.
Nominations for these positions are now being called from all Member Associations.
- All Occupational Therapists who are members of their National Association are electable.
- Every National Association can nominate one or more candidates of their own or together with other associations.
- At the most two members from the same National Association may be elected.
- As it is recommended that the Executive Committee represents different regions within Europe we encourage all National Associations to think about suitable nominees from their own country. The following two positions are currently taken:
- – Vice President (Naomi Hankinson, United Kingdom; elected 2017)
- – Vice President Finance (Eva Denysiuk, Germany; elected 2016
- The roles and responsibilities of the Executive Committee are determined in the Rules of Procedures. Each nomination should include the Nomination Form. Please note that all documents required to support the Nomination Form should be attached and sent together with it. Please also note, that the nomination should be supported by persons from at least two different countries to ensure the candidate has international contacts. As the working language of COTEC is English all documents are required in English
- We kindly request you to send nominations via email to the Electoral Committee to email@example.com by 30th June 2019. If there are any further questions concerning the work of the Executive Committee, please contact our current president Stephanie Saenger (firstname.lastname@example.org). In addition, you will find some information about COTEC Executive work here and here. Questions concerning the procedure of nomination and election can be directed to the Electoral Committee.
The Electoral Committee
The World Cerebral Palsy (CP) Day Awards showcase the best examples of projects or campaigns that have created real progress to improve the lives of people with cerebral palsy – at a community, national or international level.
The World Cerebral Palsy Day Awards are for projects or campaigns that have created real progress to improve the lives of people with cerebral palsy.
They are open to individuals and not-for-profit organizations from any country in the world.
There are 6 categories. Each reflects a key issue that affects the lives and aspirations of people with cerebral palsy:
- Public awareness
- Civil rights
- Quality of life
Nominations close Saturday June 29, 2019, 22.00 hours USA PST.
Bid to host COTEC-ENOTHE Congress 2024*
(later to be called the 1st Occupational Therapy Europe Congress 2024)
We are pleased to invite you to bid to host the third joint COTEC-ENOTHE Congress in 2024. The Congress should be co-hosted by a COTEC Member Association and at least one ENOTHE Member educational institution in the same country.
The COTEC-ENOTHE Congress Committee has four members (Eva Denysiuk and Anu Söderström from COTEC Executive Committee; Ursula Gubler Thomann and Lisette Farias Vera from ENOTHE Board)
The Committee will review the bids and make a recommendation regarding the 2024 Congress host at both COTEC and ENOTHE General Assemblies in October 2019.
You can download the COTEC-ENOTHE Congress guidelines 2019 and the bid form which should be completed and submitted by August 1st, 2019. All bids with eventual attachments and supporting documents should be addressed to COTEC-ENOTHE Congress Committee at email@example.com
COTEC is very proud to announce that, as partners of EUPHA, we will also be part of the European Public Health Week. Follow our social media campaigns between the 13th and 17th May and don’t forget to share with your colleagues and friends #EUPHW
Alzheimer Europe, Alzheimer Nederland are calling for abstracts for the upcoming 29th Alzheimer Europe Conference in The Hague, Netherlands.
Abstracts for oral and poster presentations in English are welcome in the following categories:
- Societal perspectives: Awareness and policy campaigns, (Inter)National dementia strategies, Inclusion of people with dementia, Connecting with minority groups, Early onset dementia, Legal and ethical issues, New housing concepts, Technology, Socio-economic aspects of dementia, Risk factors and prevention
- Care and services: Needs and experiences of people with dementia and their family caregivers, Training and education of care professionals, Memory clinics and centres, Post-diagnostic support, Psychosocial interventions, Acute and hospital care, Respite care, Volunteers and care in the community, Home and residential care, Palliative care approaches
The call for abstracts will close on 30 April 2019. Click here for more information.