EXTENDED: Call for Nominations of the Executive Committee for the Council of Occupational Therapists for the European Countries (COTEC)
The next General Assembly of COTEC will be held in Brussels, 26. October 2019
At this meeting, there will be elections for four positions in the Executive Committee of COTEC. According to the Constitution the Executive Committee of COTEC consists of 4 positions (president, VP, VP admin,VP finance) and 2 optional members. The term of office for the members of the Executive Committee is four years with an option for re-election term of two years.
In 2019 the following positions fall vacant: President (Stephanie Saenger, Netherlands, not eligible for re-election as President), Vice President Administration (Anu Söderström, Finland, not eligible for re-election as Vice President Administration), Member of the Executive Committee (Patric Duletzki, Germany, eligible for re-election for Member). Member of the Executive Committee, Elitsa Velikova (Bulgaria) already stepped down in 2018.
Nominations for these positions are now being called from all Member Associations.
- All Occupational Therapists who are members of their National Association are electable.
- Every National Association can nominate one or more candidates of their own or together with other associations.
- At the most two members from the same National Association may be elected.
- As it is recommended that the Executive Committee represents different regions within Europe we encourage all National Associations to think about suitable nominees from their own country. The following two positions are currently taken:
- – Vice President (Naomi Hankinson, United Kingdom; elected 2017)
- – Vice President Finance (Eva Denysiuk, Germany; elected 2016
- The roles and responsibilities of the Executive Committee are determined in the Rules of Procedures. Each nomination should include the Nomination Form. Please note that all documents required to support the Nomination Form should be attached and sent together with it. Please also note, that the nomination should be supported by persons from at least two different countries to ensure the candidate has international contacts. As the working language of COTEC is English all documents are required in English
- We kindly request you to send nominations via email to the Electoral Committee to email@example.com by 30th June 2019. If there are any further questions concerning the work of the Executive Committee, please contact our current president Stephanie Saenger (firstname.lastname@example.org). In addition, you will find some information about COTEC Executive work here and here. Questions concerning the procedure of nomination and election can be directed to the Electoral Committee.
The Electoral Committee