The organisation is at an exciting and dynamic stage of development with a clear strategic vision to be recognised, visible, valued, available and accessible for all citizens in Europe, annual action plans and good links into European institutions
Tuesday 30 January 2018, 10:30 – 16:30
The Annual Work Plan 2018 and the 2018 calls will be presented by the Directorate General for Health and Food Safety (DG SANTE) and the Consumers, Health, Agriculture and Food Executive Agency (Chafea), during a live webinar hosted by the EU Health Policy Platform. This specific online information-day is an “open” event, to which all Health stakeholders can participate. The floor (chatting tools) will then be open for participants to interact and discuss with DG SANTE and Chafea.
Visit the European Commissions website for more information:
Mental Health Europe will host a webinar about Housing Rights for Persons with Psychosocial disabilities on 7 December 2017 from 15:00-17:00 (CET). For registration visit:
During the webinar MHE will:
- Discuss the right to adequate housing of persons with psychosocial disabilities/mental ill health in light of the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UN CRPD).
- Introduce the latest report of the UN Special Rapporteur on the Right to Adequate Housing
- Explore human rights compliant housing options, challenges and possible solutions.
- Understand the role that housing plays in the transition from institutions to community based services.
- Examine outreach and building trusting relationships as a prerequisite for sustainable housing.
Participants will have the opportunity to ask questions and actively participate in the discussions.
- Leilani Farha, UN Special Rapporteur on the Right to Adequate Housing (Keynote)
- Samara Jones, Programme Coordinator Housing First Europe Hub, FEANTSA
- Per Glad Fuglsbjerg, Outreach Social Worker at Projekt Udenfør (“Project Exclusion”) in Denmark
The World Federation of Occupational Therapists (WFOT) is undertaking a survey of occupational therapy practitioners about the access and use of Assistive Technology. The responses will inform WFOT’s engagement strategy with the World Health Organization’s (WHO) Global Cooperation on Assistive Technology (GATE) project and the formulation of resources to support occupational therapy education, practice and research.
The survey can be accessed here https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/WFOTAT2017
Your feedback and participation would be greatly appreciated by the 1st October 2017.